MasterWorks Chorale begins each season with two open rehearsals, free to anyone who would like to consider joining. Hear some of the music we'll learn, say hello to our conductors – Kip and Carol – and meet other new and returning singers. No auditions are required; everyone from high school age up is welcome.
Dates, times, and locations are subject to change as circumstances necessitate.
Questions about singing with MasterWorks? You'll find many answers here.
To help you practice on your own, CyberBass.com offers downloadable audio tracks and mp3 files of individual parts. Start with the index of major works, alphabetized by composer. For our annual Messiah program, you can also go directly to Handel's Messiah.
Another helpful site is choralia.net. Choose from the mp3 catalog, featuring actual voices, or the Virtual Singer (VS) catalog, featuring synthesized voices, to practice at graduated levels: with metronome and/or organ only; emphasized among the other choir parts; and balanced with the other parts. Music is alphabetized by composer for listening or downloading.
Rehearsal and concert calendar
- Unless otherwise noted, rehearsals are held Tuesday evenings, 7:15–9:15 p.m., in Dobson Hall (upstairs) at First Presbyterian Church, 97 East Genesee Street, Skaneateles. [map]
- We meet at 7:00 p.m. for
- first September rehearsal
- first January rehearsal
- Tuesday before a concert – full run-through, normally at the concert venue
- If you must miss a rehearsal, please let Kip know directly, or send a message using the Contact form.
- Concerts may be preceded by a Saturday morning rehearsal.
- Weather and road conditions can vary greatly across our area. If driving safety is a concern, please use your judgment in deciding whether to attend a rehearsal.
- In case of a weather-related cancellation, we will make every effort to post a notice on this website and on our Facebook page at least an hour before the scheduled rehearsal.